I did it! 2400 miles. Seven weeks. 8 states. What an accomplishment! Who would’ve thought.
I think it will take me a couple weeks or so to process the entire thing.
Here are some highlights and low lights
- Riding with Robin every mile. We’d share the lead every other mile. So, I led the even miles, and Robin led the odd miles, the ENTIRE way. We’ve ridden together now, over 11,000 miles. I don’t think I can even explain what this experience–the hardship, the joy– is like with my riding partner. Robin, is simply the best. She’s the kindest and strongest person I have ever met.
- Seeing this country and experiencing the basic goodness of folks we have met along the way. Ordinary people are GREAT.
- Completing another 2400 miles on my bike and never doubting my physical ability to complete this. I got this.
- Making some new life long friends from this shared experience.
- Being able to use my super power of being a great mechanic and flat fixer to help myself and other riders on the trip.
- Being done!
- Peeing on I40 somewhere in New Mexico with no bushes or coverage. Had to go…
- The never ending desert, heat, sad towns and wind
- Questioning at times–too many–why I was here and doing this.